[THIN] Re: Redirecting My Documents

  • From: David <dmauri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 16:28:55 +0200

Jeff Bolton escribió:

Hello List….

We have our user's "My Documents" folder mapped to an "H:" drive which is located on one of our file servers. Each branch office has a file server and the user's home drive is located on the file server in that office. Our PS4.5 farm is located centrally at our corporate office.

As each site has a different file server, the path to the home directory changes depending on which office the user is from, ie: the mapping would look something like:

_\\site_fileserver\users\username$_ <file://%5C%5Csite_fileserver%5Cusers%5Cusername$>

When users launch applications published from the Citrix farm, it seems to be somewhat random as to whether the "My Documents" folder that they see is located on the file server as it should be (which is mapped via the domain login script), or locally on one of the Citrix servers. This seems to be worse with MS Office applications, but it happens with other applications as well.

How can I force the "My Documents" folder to always point at the users home directory, regardless of which application they are running and which branch office they are coming from?

Cheers
Jeff

/Jeff B. Bolton/
Lead System Administrator
Biovail Corporation

have you set up chkroot script and added the drive unit letter as your default home drive?
This will be consistent for all users.

Follow ThinList on Twitter
http://twitter.com/thinlist
http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com