[THIN] Re: Receiver 3.0 changed end user icon?

  • From: "James Scanlon" <James.Scanlon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 18:00:36 -0000

Yeah, further to this
1) we reinstalled the ReceiverInside option
2) Appsense Application Manager was then blocking all kinds of new
executables under the receiver "c:\program files (x86)\Citrix\Ica
Client\receiver" which meant that the end users started getting the Blue
PNAGENT Icon again, only to later find that it would stop connecting to
our web interface. (blue Icon with red cross)
3) we had to open up our appsense AM to allow the new receiver - at
which point the receiver could 'load fully' and the only icon in the
system tray the end users get is the Black receiver icon.

According to citrix the receiver is mandatory, as it the ICA_Client the
only thing that isn't is the PNAgent option which is only included in
the CitrixReceiverEnterprise.exe (as described here -
http://support.citrix.com/proddocs/topic/receiver-30-windows/ica-configu
re-command-line.html) <- it even describes a bug of the HXD flash volume
playing but only for windows 2003. (similar to another problem we have)

Party!
James