[THIN] Re: REQ: App to kill process after XX seconds of maxing out

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 09:48:52 -0700

The TScale CPU optimization is nothing more that just changing the priority
of the thread.  You can do this for free with threadmaster
(http://threadmaster.tripod.com <http://threadmaster.tripod.com/> )
Appsense will cap CPU utilization for process, but if you want a true CPU
workload manager I would suggest looking at ArmTech from Aurema.

Generally these apps do not kill rouge processes as killing a process could
lead to an unstable system (Thus people will start blaming these companies
for those lovely blue screens.)

If you really want to do it automatically, you can script it .  But I prefer
to know which processes are hanging and rip the vendor a new one until its
fixed.

Joe

  _____