[THIN] Re: Quick PAE question

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:52:50 -0700

It's not all that bad.   It does allow for the unused memory that the
Servers (not just IBM) grab for PCI-X, etc to be remapped.   The bad thing
about PAE is it takes away kernel memory space and processing overhead
because the OS now has to create a table, map and track that memory.

It's a hardware thing,  and not really an OS thing.  The 3.2 gigs is what is
reported when the system POSTs.

Joe

  _____