[THIN] Question on custom Java Application

  • From: "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 11:54:03 +0100

Hi,

We have a custom application that basically is a Website using loads of
Java to open Manuals and PDF's and navigate through them.

I have two questions ?

1.      The Java.exe and Javaw.exe processes can consume up to 180 Mb on
the server which I think can be starving other processes on the server.
Can this process be tuned or clamped to a max value and is their
implications doing this?

2.      We store the Cache directory for this application on a network
share, any time a user uses this application up to 50 files can be open.
Would there be any implications moving these files to the local drive of
the server. Its to get round a configuration issue if users use XenApp
from home or on the road if their normal desktop is Vista / W7.

Thanks
Ronnie

Ronnie Hamilton

Sr. Network Engineer
Lufthansa Technik Airmotive Ireland
Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co. Dublin
Ireland
Phone: +353 1 401 1253
E-mail: ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx

Visit our website : www.ltai.ie
45999.   Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
Reg. No. 140891.  Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
The information in this email and in any attachments is confidential and may be
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message,
delete any copies held on your systems and notify the sender by return email.
You should not read, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, disclose or use
this email or its contents in any way. Any such action is strictly prohibited.
Thank you.