[THIN] Re: Printing A4 or letter format

  • From: "BRUTON, Malcolm, FM" <Malcolm.BRUTON@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:30:51 +0100

What your talking about is not really a citrix issue.  It is and MS one.
You can support multiple Locales on a single server.  It works much better
on a windows 2000 or windows 2003 server other than NT4.  The problem is you
have to choose a default locale.  If the server was based in England you
would set the default locale to English UK.  When a user first logged on
they would get the A4 paper size.  However if a user logs on form US their
default locale would also be English UK and the paper size is A4.  For that
user you need to change it to English US so that the paper size is letter
and the date format is right etc.  You can do this using policies applied to
different groups or by using Logon scripts etc.  You could also publish the
regional options to the user and get them to change it....

Hope this helps
Malcolm

From: BRUTON, Malcolm, FM Malcolm.BRUTON@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 15:50:41 +0100
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is to do with Locales.  They fixed it in win2K and above....Default
user in NT was always set to US locale.  You had to edit the default user
profile to correct.

Malcolm