[THIN] Re: Presentation Server 4 tips and tweaks?

  • From: "Jeff Pitsch" <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 17:16:03 -0400

MIAB4 has a bunch of them in a section.  My recommendation to you would be
to never implement tweaks unless you are experiencing something that they
would fix.  In other words, find your bottlenecks and correct them as you
find them.  Blindly implementing tweaks is a bad idea.  This is what
happened with Rick D's original document and people would wonder why there
systems were screwed up after applying all those tweaks.  Theya ren't meant
to be applied every single time but meant as guidelines to help fix
bottlenecks.

Jeff Pitsch Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server Provision Networks VIP

Forums not enough?
Get support from the experts at your business
http://jeffpitschconsulting.com

On 10/16/06, Matthew McComas <mmccomas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

OK, so I'm building the first server in my new farm that will be Server 2003 Terminal Servers and Presentation Server 4. I've been in Citrix for a long time, and remember back in the day there was a tweaks document you could get on the web which would simply list off any and all required reg tweaks for a Citrix environment for profiles, appearance, performance, etc., etc. I know some of those type documents have morphed into things like MIAB and the like….however, it would still be nice to have a condensed list of important reg keys to set for a new farm and any gotchas w/out having to pilfer through a 300+ page PDF file. Any suggestions or links you could refer me to?

Thanks,

MM