[THIN] PeopleSoft issues

  • From: "Lutz, Ken" <KLUTZ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin - List (thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 08:47:04 -0700

I have a strange PeopleSoft issue that I can't get a handle on.  My
configuration is Windows 2000 SP2 with MetaFrame XPe FR2/SP2.  PeopleSoft is
version 7.5.  My users are running it one of two was.  As a published app via
NFuse on fat clients, or via a short cut on the desktop (published app desktop)
if via a thin client.  Thin clients are Wyse 1200LE devices.
The problem is that people running PeopleSoft via the fat client have no
problems at all.  Users running on the thin client devices get knocked out of
PeopleSoft all together with no errors anywhere that I can find, or they have
slow downs when going between screens.  Both types of users are set up the same
with TS Profiles and the PeopleSoft cache files located in their home
directories (a share mapped as H: for all users, this share is on a non Citrix
or PeopleSoft server).

Anyone have any ideas that they would like to pass on?  How should I go about
trouble shooting this one?

Thanks!

Ken Lutz
Senior Systems Administrator
Information Systems Department
Spokane County
Spokane, Washington  99260
KLutz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This Week's Sponsor - Appsense Technologies
New! AppSense Optimizer is a new product from AppSense
designed to increase the user capacity of your servers.
http://www.appsense.com/