[THIN] Re: Password Manager VS Novell Identity verification

  • From: "Carl Stalhood" <cstalhood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 12:33:46 -0500

I am not familiar with Novell Identity software but it looks similar to
Microsoft Identity Integration Server.

The advantage of single sign on products is that they are easy to implement and
run on the client side without requiring
any extensive server infrastructure or synchronization services. It only takes
a few minutes to single sign-on enable an
application using Password Manager and requires no modification to the
application.

Novell also has a single sign-on product based on Protocom SecureLogin but it
is scripting based requiring longer
implementation time than Password Manager. Password Manager is fully GUI and
wizard based making implementation quick
and easy.