[THIN] Re: POST MF SP3 asynchronous logons

  • From: "Ryan Lambert" <rlambert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 10:18:43 -0400

Just some random thoughts for you incase you haven't tried. Since
obviously this problem is within the script itself.

Make sure RunLogonScriptSync value = 0 in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\sy
stem

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\

You may also want to try adding the /D switch to your net use statement
in the logon script if you haven't already.

Eg: (if \\2ktsvr\profiles is the profile dir)

net use S: /D
net use S: \\2ktsvr\profiles

Or are you specifically setting this within AD users and computers? If
you only have one mapping, why not eliminate the batch login script (or
whatever it is) and set it within AD users and computers. If you need
them to save to drive Z, you can connect that one drive without a "login
script".

There is also an issue with Q329170 installed on Windows 2000 machines
that causes the problem you are referring to. This is due to an issue
with loading and unloading roaming profiles. Either remove it and/or
apply the Hotfix listed within MS KB Article #Q814770. You will probably
need to contact Microsoft for the specific patch. Symptoms of this are
Userenv errors on the server that it is logging in to (Metaframe
Servers).

Other than that, I would suggest you take hold of a machine that suffers
from this for a day and do some debugging.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316243

Hope that helps some.

-Ryan