[THIN] Re: Outlook2003`

  • From: Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 21:32:48 -0400

the attachement problem is probably because the Temp Internet Files
location does not exist.  Outlook uses that space for attachments and
if it isn't there yet, it won't create it and will pop the error.

You can test this by having the user open outlook and get the error,
then have them launch IE.  IE will create the path if it is not there.
 Then have them try the attachment again.  It should work.

The best way around this is to direct the location of Temp Internet
Files to C:\Temp in the user profile.  Even if the user isn't going to
use IE, they still need these paths to exist.

There may be a way to redirect the location Outlook uses for
attachements, but I don't knw what it is.

Sorry that I don't have any insight about the other error.

Greg