[THIN] Outlook and XPe

  • From: <Lee.Prior@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:39:10 +0100

Hi all,

I'm hoping that there's a very simple answer to this, but I have a bad
feeling it's a microsoft "feature" :)

We have a small data farm of Windows 2003 Enterprise server with Citrix
Xpe FR3 Service Pack 3 (3 servers in total).  We have Office 2000
running both as a published application and also as part of a Published
Desktop. Runs like a dream on the whole (not one instance of unplanned
downtime in six months, never thought I'd say THAT with a windows
server!).

The problem is that the outlook calendar and event reminders do not
appear within a citrix session.  If we run outlook within a workstation
/ desktop environment it works fine, so I'm confident it's not the
Exchange server causing the problem.  However, within Citrix (or
Terminal Services RDP) the reminders will often pop up once and then
never pop up again until the user logs off and a new session is started,
at which point all the missing appointements pop up.

Any ideas??

Cheers

Lee
http://www.go-eol.com