[THIN] Re: Outlook and Word as the Editor

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 07:32:55 -0500

Forget about fucntionality for a minute, how about e-mail etiquite.
When people use Word as an editor, sometime they got MAJORLY overboard
with using Word features that most other people out there will not be
able to interpret because of their mail client.  I've seen people put in
tables and unless the other person is set to use word as their editor,
it comes out looking like crap and is a worthless e-mail.  You're only
guaranteed compatbility for your internal users.  I'd tell your boss
that he runs the risk of looking bad to external users.

I turn it off but users can re-enable it (all of them don't because they
don't know how).  I leave HTML format on, which is bad enough because
people like to throw in ugly stationary and use impossible to read
fonts, but I have to bend somewhere.