[THIN] Outlook Express on Desktop

  • From: Rick Mitchell <breeze@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:30:07 -0500

One of my apps does not work well in program neighborhood.  It launches
word for mail merge and that never shows up as a job in the ICA connection
center and will likely as not fail and cause the app to have to be
ungracefully shut down.  I can live with that when I publish a desktop but
then my load balancing doesn't work.

Also the app wants to check my outlook or outlook express email box so I've
been going into the desktop and using OE there.  That works successfully,
but once again doesn't allow load balancing and you must always connect to
the same server or you won't have the same desktop and of course the
outlook express info is gone.

I have 3 windows 2000 advanced servers

ntsrv1  (file and print)
ctx1
ctx2

All are in active directory with load balancing on CTX1 and CTX2

Any Ideas?

This weeks sponsor - Emergent Online 99Point9.com
Designed to facilitate efficient resolution of your technical server-based
questions, issues and incidents, technical support is a few mouse-clicks away:
you submit your incident-specific support requests via our online support
helpdesk, our certified engineers resolve them while you monitor the progress,
and your systems get back to 99.9% up-time in no time.
http://www.99point9.com