[THIN] Outlook Express "auto-profile" generator

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:31:04 -0600

We have been using Outlook 2000 on our Terminal Servers for a while and
are using newprof to do auto-generation of profiles. However, we are
considering moving to Outlook Express instead. This necessitates running
the Internet Connection Wizard for each user one (on each terminal
server, since we are using local profiles).

The problem is, Outlook Express apparently cannot use the profile
information that Outlook uses, so the user must go through and manually
set up their Internet mail account via the Internet Connection Wizard.
Can this be avoided somehow? Is there a way to "auto-generate" the
information that Internet Connection Wizard collects when launching
Outlook Express?

---
The T drive is not backed up
than buying more servers.