[THIN] Re: Outlook 2000 on 2003 TS

  • From: "Ben Nordlander" <bennordlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 17:17:48 -0800

is there a custom maintenence wizard (CMW) for office 2000? i use it to set
outlook settings like this for outlook xp and outlook 2003.

-Ben

On 1/11/07, Waller, Tom <twaller@xxxxxxx> wrote:

 I am trying to customize the termsrvr.mst required for Office 2000
installs to automate Outlook so user does not have to enter their name and
exchange server.  I'm using the Custom Install Wizard from the Office 2000
Resource Kit.  When I get to the Outlook Section, there are several Options:
General, Services List, Outlook Settings, Exchange Settings, MS Mail
Settings… etc.  Under General, I added %username% for the Profile Name,
Under Services, I chose MS Exchange Server, Under Exchange Settings, I used
%username% for the user's mailbox name and added the name of the Exchange
server.  I did not change anything else. (I even logged in as Admin and
created an OPS file that I've added to the mst).  I save this as
termsrvr.mst and use it when I install Office.

When the user logs in, it does not use these settings, it prompts the user
to enter it.  It's been a while since I have worked with Office 2000.  Is
there something I am missing in the MST creation for Office 2000?

Thanks,

*Tom Waller***

System Consultant:  MCSE, CCEA, CCI, CCIA

San Francisco, CA  94105

The information contained in this electronic transmission, including any
and all attachments, is intended solely for use by the individual(s) and/or
entity(ies) to whom it is addressed and may contain attorney-privileged and
confidential information. If you are not the named addressee, you are hereby
notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
transmission, or any and all attachments, is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender by return
electronic transmission and destroy any and all paper copies.