[THIN] Office 2007 Quick Access Bar Hotfix

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.ms" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: THIN <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 15:26:51 -0400

Well I can't remember if this was discussed or not but I am finally getting
around to installing Office 2007 for our staff.  Apparently there is a
problem with the Quick Access Bar settings not being saved (qat files)with
roaming profiles. The qat files don't get copied back to the users profile
properly and remain on the server, so if you delete profiles from the server
as most of us do the settings are gone.   Microsoft has a hotfix for this
at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958062

Quick Access Toolbar files for 2007 Office applications do not roam with
your profile

You have to request to have this emailed to you and make a registry
settings.

Jim Kenzig
Blog: http://www.techblink.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/kenzig