[THIN] Re: Odd thing on one server

  • From: Bob <bobmails@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 17:12:11 -0500

Sorry, Doug, for the late reply.  had a short vacation.

Sunday reboot fix everything?  next time it occurs, if ever, try
changing the load evaluator to the default and back again.  I'm
betting the machine stopped updating its info to the Zone Data
Collector.  Changing the evaluator may be a sufficient kick in the
pants to get it moving again.

g'luck,
Bob

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 09:51:59 -0800, Stratton, Doug MSER:EX
<doug.m.stratton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have one mf xp server that is not allowing anyone on.
> Very few people on it right now.
> Load is reporting 10000 (query farm /load)
> Look in cmc Load monitor server and page swaps are at 100%
> I went and logged on the console and checked task manager and there  is
> nothing going on.
>
> I can't find any problems.
>
> Suggestions Please.  (it will be rebooted on Sunday)
>
> Doug Stratton
> Operations Engineering
> Workstations Services Branch
> CITS, Solutions BC, Province of BC
> 4000 Seymour Place, Victoria  B.C.
> Telephone: (250) 356-6678
> Email: Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This Weeks Sponsor Activaeon.com
Reduce licensing costs with activAeon XA and
get one month completely free.
http://www.activaeon.com