[THIN] OT: w2k3 dhcp and ddns servers

  • From: Steve Snyder <kwajalein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:40:14 +0100

okay,

we have a plethora of DHCP servers, 2 of which are under my control; they're
configured to update DDNS on behalf on non-windows clients (hp jetdirects
chiefly) and it works hunky-dory. We have a couple of other DHCP servers run
by other orgs, pointed at the same DNS servers; their keepers tell me that
they have DDNS enabled the same as I do but the clients that are serviced by
them are definitely *not* making it into DNS. the DNSUpdateProxy group has
no members so I'm assuming that secure updates aren't enabled on the DNS
servers, but I have no access to them as well.

Ideas?