[THIN] Re: OT very slow when opening a file

  • From: "Nick Smith" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 06:00:48 +0100

Are the files you are accessing on a netwrok or local. If on a netwrok, it
might be a netwroking issue - DNS perhaps - it may be going through several DNS
servers before finding the one telling it where the machine is. Or TCP/IP may
not be able to tell it at all, so it resorts to Netbeui...
Nick

        From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
        Behalf Of Vince Tan
        Posted At: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 2:02 PM
        Posted To: The thin mailing list
        Conversation: [THIN] OT very slow when opening a file
        Subject: [THIN] OT very slow when opening a file

        Hi,  I am wondering if anyone else have this problem:

        Recently, several of my Win XP machine running Office 2003 are acting
        weird.  When I double click on a .doc or .xls,  it will hang for almost
        a minute then suddenly, either Word or Excel will launch and everything
        works ok again.  But it takes about a minute or two for that to happen.
        If I open Word first, it opens up quick, and then click file open and
        select the file, it works just fine.  This happen for almost everything
        including all of MS office program, acrobat and etc.

        Did I get infected by some kind of a virus?

        Vince
        This weeks sponsor Emergent Online Thinssentials Utilities Using the
        latest software, hardware, networking technologies, proven technical
        custom-tailored solutions for each client's mission and specific goals.
        http://www.go-eol.com
        use the below link:
        http://thin.net/citrixlist.cfm

        CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

        This e-mail and any attachments are confidential. If you are not the
        intended recipient, any further dissemination or use of this e-mail is
        prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us
        immediately by returning it to the sender. You should then delete all
        copies from your system and destroy any hard copies you may have made.
        Thank you for your cooperation.

        Using the latest software, hardware, networking technologies, proven
        technical expertise, proprietary software and best practices, EOL
        provides custom-tailored solutions for each client's mission and
        specific goals.
        http://www.go-eol.com