[THIN] Re: OT - freeware desktop profile utility for domain migrations

  • From: "Jim Hathaway" <JimH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:19:59 -0700

Good point Jeff.

In my particular situation however, there is very little from the old
domain that will actually be truely migrated to the new. SIDhistory
migration in particular is something they want to avoid with this
migration, in fact all users are getting brand new accounts w/ a
different namming convention in the new domain. Truely the only pieces
from the old domain that will be moving to the new are the workstations
themselves, and of course the local profiles of the end users.

So in my case, the Profwiz tool should fit the bill nicely. Combined
with a clean up script I'm wrapping up to take care of the ghost profile
and a few other minor issues, the migration of the desktops I'm planning
should be quick and relativly painless. **knock on wood**

Great link on a pretty much un-discussed featureset of the ADMT though.

Thanks,