[THIN] Re: OT: Trend Micro ServerProtect Services Restart with 7.100 Engine

I've seen an issue with 5.56 that it wouldn't update the engine properly
until I upgraded to 5.58.  Maybe upgrade to 5.58 and see what happens.

Chris 

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jeff Durbin
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 4:30 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: OT: Trend Micro ServerProtect Services Restart with
7.100 Engine

It isn't affecting any clients - they are all thin. They've got 2 Win2K
servers and both of them are doing it.

Program version = 5.56
Pattern file = 851
Scan engine version(NT) = 7.100 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Lynch
> Sent: Wednesday, 7 April 2004 11:23 a.m.
> To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [THIN] Re: OT: Trend Micro ServerProtect Services Restart 
> with 7.100 Engine
> 
> Nope.  I have successfully deployed 7.1 engine to numerous client 
> computers (OfficeScan, ServerProtect, ScanMail, Internet Security).  
> How machine client machines is this affecting?  Also, what is the 
> Virus Pattern definition version?
> 
> Chris
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff Durbin
> Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 3:13 PM
> To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [THIN] OT: Trend Micro ServerProtect Services Restart with 
> 7.100 Engine
> 
> One of my customers runs Trend Micro's ServerProtect AV solution. 
> Since the scanning engine was updated to 7.100 last week, I get 
> notified that the serverprotect services are restarting once per hour 
> on all servers. Anyone else seen this?
>  
> Jeff Durbin
>  
> 
> 
> ********************************************************
> This Week's Sponsor - RTO Software / TScale What's keeping you from 
> getting more from your terminal servers? Did you know, in most cases, 
> CPU Utilization IS NOT the single biggest constraint to scaling up?! 
> Get this free white paper to understand the real constraints & how to 
> overcome them.
> SAVE MONEY by scaling-up rather than buying more servers.
> http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147
> **********************************************************
> Useful Thin Client Computing Links are available at:
> http://thin.net/links.cfm
> ***********************************************************
> For Archives, to Unsubscribe, Subscribe or set Digest or Vacation mode 
> use the below link:
> http://thin.net/citrixlist.cfm
> 
> ********************************************************
> This Week's Sponsor - RTO Software / TScale What's keeping you from 
> getting more from your terminal servers? Did you know, in most cases, 
> CPU Utilization IS NOT the single biggest constraint to scaling up?! 
> Get this free white paper to understand the real constraints & how to 
> overcome them.
> SAVE MONEY by scaling-up rather than buying more servers.
> http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147
> **********************************************************
> Useful Thin Client Computing Links are available at:
> http://thin.net/links.cfm
> ***********************************************************
> For Archives, to Unsubscribe, Subscribe or set Digest or Vacation mode 
> use the below link:
> http://thin.net/citrixlist.cfm
> 

********************************************************
This Week's Sponsor - RTO Software / TScale
What's keeping you from getting more from your terminal servers? Did you
know, in most cases, CPU Utilization IS NOT the single biggest
constraint to scaling up?! Get this free white paper to understand the
real constraints & how to overcome them. SAVE MONEY by scaling-up rather
than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147
**********************************************************
Useful Thin Client Computing Links are available at:
http://thin.net/links.cfm
***********************************************************
For Archives, to Unsubscribe, Subscribe or 
set Digest or Vacation mode use the below link:
http://thin.net/citrixlist.cfm

********************************************************
This Week's Sponsor - RTO Software / TScale
What's keeping you from getting more from your terminal servers? Did you
know, in most cases, CPU Utilization IS NOT the single biggest
constraint to scaling up?! Get this free white paper to understand the
real constraints & how to overcome them. SAVE MONEY by scaling-up rather
than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147
**********************************************************
Useful Thin Client Computing Links are available at:
http://thin.net/links.cfm
***********************************************************
For Archives, to Unsubscribe, Subscribe or 
set Digest or Vacation mode use the below link:
http://thin.net/citrixlist.cfm

Other related posts: