[THIN] Re: OT: Tracking disk thrash

  • From: "Nick Smith" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 09:12:57 +0100

Thanks, used FileMon and tracked it.

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Michel Roth
Sent: 17 April 2007 08:22
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: OT: Tracking disk thrash

Indeed, use process monitor and sort on the write and/or read delta (add a
column).
On 4/13/07, Anthony_Baldwin@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:Anthony_Baldwin@xxxxxxxxx>
<Anthony_Baldwin@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:Anthony_Baldwin@xxxxxxxxx> > wrote:

Nick,

ProcessMonitor or Filemon from sysinternals should tell you what's accessing
the disk.

Tony

"Nick Smith" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Sent by: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

04/13/2007 05:33 AM
Please respond to
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

cc

Subject

[THIN] OT: Tracking disk thrash

We have an SBS at a client that is getting frequent irregular 100% disk usage
for long enough to severely impair users.  Are there any utilities that could
help me pin down what process and/or users are causing this?

Sorry for  waaaay off-topic, but client getting *very* antsy and you are
knowledgeable types.

Nick

This e-mail is confidential and is intended only for the attention of the
addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, this e-mail should not be disclosed to
any other person.
Please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your computer
system.
Although this e-mail has been checked for viruses and other defects,
no responsibility can be accepted for any loss or damage arising from its
receipt or use.

--
Kind Regards,
Michel Roth