[THIN] Re: OT: Thoughts on Vendors for Suggestions for Backup UPS and or Generator Vendor for medium size computer room

  • From: Jim Kenzig <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:12:45 -0500

Cmon Steve the flaming Indian is notlike the energizer bunny. It won't any power. Lol

Thanks for the info

Btw here is the guy that sells the flaming sports team logo stickers that work great as a skin for your laptop. Some of them really are "flaming" in the sense if the word even for those who prefer alt. Lifestyles. Most all r really cool though. Average $4.99 price.

http://shop.ebay.com/schongraphics-thebestdecals/m.html?_fln=1&_ipg=&_sac=1&_trksid=p3911.c0.m282#seeAllAnchorLink

Blog: http://www.kenzig.com

Jim Kenzig
Please excuse any typos.
Sent from my iPod

On Feb 22, 2010, at 2:53 PM, "Raffensberger, Stephen D" <sraffens@xxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

It depends on the criticality of your data center. I assume that a library’s data center is less critical than a business’s and cannot not justify as great an expense. I also assume that a librar y is not flush with cash at the moment. (My daughter works for NYPL. I know how tough things are.)

However, if you can afford dual stages, Webster is absolutely correct. Don’t spend more on the battery capacity than necessary. Co nversely, remember to allow for future server expansion and the inev itable decline in battery strength over time.

It sounds like you want to replace the aging UPS. Depending on its adaptability and condition, maybe you could add the generator stage to it now and replace the battery stage at a later date.

Good luck. Paint a flaming Indian on it and it will be fine.

<image001.jpg>
Steve Raffensberger
Produban US
Mail Code: 11-900-PB3