[THIN] OT - SAP 7.10 Extended Help Issue

  • From: "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 08:57:15 -0000

Hi,

Sorry for the OT, but this one is trying my patience.

I have installed SAP GUI 7.10 on Vista as this is the version I have
been given as compatible.

When I run the Extended Help I get a Windows pop up

The help_04.exe is available, but the issue seems to be when it links in
to get the required Dll to run the help.

I have looked into this and Vista keeps the different versions of dlls
in the c:\windows\winsxs the app should be intelligent to pick up the
required version to run the app.

The missing dll is from the c++ compatibility pack which looks like its
being installed with the SAP GUI app.

I have tried installing the C++ pack after the install of SAP still same
issue.

Thinking it was a vista issue I installed it on XP help still does not
run.

I have found posts saying for the same issue with Office 2007 products
with the recommendation to re install as the fix.

I have installed on various Vista pc's with the same issue.

Thanks

Ronnie

Visit our website : www.ltai.ie
45999.   Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
Reg. No. 140891.  Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If
you have received this email in error, please advise by return email and delete
all copies of the message.