[THIN] Re: OT: Remote restart of servers/console

  • From: "Rob Ellis @ Hook" <Rob.Ellis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 21:01:26 -0000

Howabout an IP KVM?

http://www.raritan.info/products/remote_access/ip_reach/prd_line.aspx

Or similar.

Regards,

Rob Ellis
User Support Manager
ntl Group IT
Ext: (711) 4245
DDI: 01256 754245
Mob: 07974 403273
email: rob.ellis@xxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Matt Kosht
Sent: 09 January 2006 20:33
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] OT: Remote restart of servers/console

I am in need of a device that I can dialup/IP to remotely to restart it/see
console messages.  I have heard of a few (Dell's DRAC being one of them) but
would like to know a brand that has worked for others.
The servers are all Dell PE800 and the DRAC isn't a supported option for
them. Thanks in advance.
use the below link:

The contents of this email and any attachments are sent for the personal
attention
of the addressee(s) only and may be confidential.  If you are not the intended
addressee, any use, disclosure or copying of this email and any attachments is
unauthorised - please notify the sender by return and delete the message.  Any
representations or commitments expressed in this email are subject to contract.

ntl Group Limited