[THIN] Re: OT: Print Server: Printer Limits

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 09:43:13 +1000

Hi,

I've got a cutomer with about 1200. Use it to drive lpd queues to
client-connected printers. They're thinking of putting in a second
server for load balancing cause they want to add another 400 printer
queues.

The main issue is memory for all the drivers. If you standardize and
only have a few different printer types, life just got a whole lot
easier for the server.

In terms of the configuration you've got, unless the print are all going
to be huge (graphics prints etc) your hardware is overkill.

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
rmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx=20