[THIN] Re: OT IIS

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:34:07 +0100

I assume you mean the directory that Default Website picks up from? If so, I
found it to be a simple case of changing the Local Path fields on the Home
Directory tab to somewhere else.. but it was a fresh install at that time!

If you have stuff installed in that website, you'll have to copy the data over,
and perhaps even change a few paths in the pages, depending on what it is.

Andrew
--o--

>>> DWood@xxxxxxxxxxxx 09/09/04 21:25:36 >>>
Anyone had any luck with moving the default installation directory for
IIS 6.0? This is for a WIE server also, so are there gotcha's from the
Citrix perspective? I also have to rename the inetpub to something else.
Thanks

David R. Wood (Randy)

IT Systems Engineer

Southwest Bank of Texas

1801 Main Houston, Texas 77002

713.232.6520

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

The information contained in this ELECTRONIC MAIL transmission
is confidential.  It may also be privileged work product or proprietary
information. This information is intended for the exclusive use of the
addressee(s).  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution [other
than to the addressee(s)], copying or taking of any action because
of this information is strictly prohibited.

This Weeks Sponsor triCerat:
Have you had your fill of printing support calls, unauthorized apps running on
unsecured Terminal Servers, profile headaches, and application performance
problems? Join us and learn how you can have a less demanding on-demand
enterprise!
http://www.tricerat.com/?page=events#register