[THIN] Re: OT - IE 6 on Windows 7

  • From: Matt Kosht <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 12:15:23 -0500

I am reasonably sure you can't virtualize IE with Softgrid (now called
App-V).
Win 7 however has a thing called "XP Mode" which gives you an XP VM you can
publish "seamless" style apps out of. Works reasonably well. Just leave your
XP VM at IE6.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Downside to using it is you do need a CPU with the VT feature for it to
work.
VMWare Workstation (not free) to host the IE6 VM will work without this
feature though.
-Matt