[THIN] OT :Group Policy MS patches

  • From: "Joanne Determann" <joanne.determann@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 08:48:57 -0400

We are installing MS patches using Deploy-it. Some of the users installs
are pending. I bet if I go to their PC and log on as admin the patches
will install.=20

My boss thinks we should make everyone power users (eeek).

My question is there a GPO so the updates will run on locked down users?
I see the GPO to run  program at log in. Does that over ride the User
groups that can't run programs?=20

Or is there a more specific allow user to run a specific program?
Windows updates?

I'm sure many of you had this situation.=20

Thanks, Joanne
than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147