[THIN] OT: Friday Humor - The Letter

  • From: George Yobst <george.yobst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:20:48 -0700

Here you go, Doug......

A mother passing by her daughter's bedroom was astonished to see the
bed was nicely made and everything was picked up. Then she saw an
envelope propped up prominently on the center of the bed. It was
addressed, "Mom." With the worst premonition, she opened the envelope
and read the letter with trembling hands:

Dear Mom,
It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing you. I had to elope
with my new boyfriend because I wanted to avoid a scene with Dad and
you. I've been finding real passion with John and he is so nice - even
with all his piercing, tattoos, beard, and his motorcycle clothes. But
it's not only the passion mom, I'm pregnant and John said that we will
be very happy.

He already owns a trailer in the woods and has a stack of firewood for
the whole winter. He wants to have many more children with me and
that's now one of my dreams too.

John taught me that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone and we'll be
growing it for us and trading it with his friends for all the cocaine
and ecstasy we want. In the meantime, we'll pray that science will find
a cure for AIDS so John can get better; he sure deserves it!!

Don't worry Mom, I'm 15 years old now and I know how to take care of
myself. Some day I'm sure we'll be back to visit so you can get to know
your grandchildren.
Your daughter,
Judith

PS : Mom, none of the above is true. I'm over at the neighbour's house.
I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than my
report card which is in my desk drawer.

I love you! Call when it is safe for me to come home.