[THIN] Re: OT: Exchange placement

  • From: Jeff Mills <Jeff.Mills@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:05:53 +1100

Hi,
I'm using Messagewall.

http://messagewall.org

Linux box in DMZ filtering spam/virus/content/RFC compliance which then
passes "ok" mail onto exchange on the internal network.
This way, only one host needs inbound port 25 from your DMZ.

There have been a few issues that I have had to iron out, but its working
great now (blocked thousands of MyDoom emails during the SMTP conversation
so it gets nowhere near exchange) and its completely free.

Cheers.