[THIN] Re: OT: Exchange General mailboxes

  • From: "Jim Hathaway" <JimH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 23:32:51 -0800

Do this process for each domain that you want to dump mail too.

- Create a new NT user group, call it "mailbox control" (or whatever
works for you)

- Create a new Exchange mailbox, assign your new NT user group "mailbox
control" to your new mailbox.

- create a custom smtp address on this new mailbox for each address from
the domain that you know doesn't exist anymore.=20

- put whatever user account you want into your newly created NT user
group, and they will be able to point outlook at your 'dump' mailbox
with full rights to do whatever they need to.=20

With this setup, whatever mailbox you setup on the I-net connector as
the administrator box will still get new un-deliverables. But after
getting one, and forwarding it to the needed domain admin, you can add
in your new bad e-mail address to your 'dump' mailbox for whatever
domain you need to, and not worry about it again.

*This setup will only really work well in Exchange 5.5, Exchange 2k
doesn't handle it so well.=20

HTH