[THIN] Re: OT: Exchange AV scanner of choice

  • From: "Sullivan, Edward" <Edward.Sullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 08:01:39 -0500

My design at my previous job was a GFI MailEssentials/MailSecurity box in
the DMZ to act as the email screener server, and an Exchange box on the
internal network running Computer Associates eTrust AV for Exchange. GFI
Screener would pass clean email to the Exchange box, all outgoing SMTP was
also funnelled out through the GFI Screener. Not one single virus made it
past this setup in 4 years.

Edward Sullivan
Sr Analyst
Windows Technical Services - West