[THIN] OT: Domain Migration for Win9x/2K Clients

  • From: Jeff Rapp <JeffR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <Thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 08:38:59 -0400

Hey all,

I know this is really OT but where else can I go to get the limitless
knowledge of the members of this list. Now that I got the flattery out of
the way I can get on with the question :-)

I took over this position about 6 months ago and have found multiple issues
with the current domain. Nice things like although an account is a member of
Domain Admins not all servers recognize that fact even though the Domain
Admins group is a member of their local Administrators group. Nice, eh? Let
us just say that the previous admin is no longer here because of pretty
little things like that.

This is currently an NT 4 domain and I have built an AD domain on a server
and migrated all users and settings. Now we are migrating to a complete TSE
environment but I still have about 100 9X and 2K workstations that I need to
remove from the original domain and add to the new domain. I don't really
want to run to all 100 machines and change the domain (BORING!). I was
wondering if anyone has looked at this before. I am leaning toward deploying
WSH and writing a script to make the changes. I believe this is possible,
but I just started looking into it.

Any ideas would be great!

Thanks,

Jeff