[THIN] Re: OT: Desktop Firewall

  • From: "Doug Rooney" <Doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 07:23:21 -0700

I deploy laptops with native firewall off as like others said, causes
too many false results and burdens the OS, I install Zone Alarm Pro and
configure it, I don't just use the defaults, I also install Ad Aware Pro
and Symantec AV corp. ed. And enable and configure remote desktop
control, I can manage it from pretty much anywhere, but my road warriors
come in often enough that I usually just tweak them when they are in the
office, but I can worm on them remotely. I think the key is not using
the default settings. We did try MacAfee but the results were poor, may
have been an older version, but what we use works well, so we stick with
it.

Thank You

-Doug Rooney
Sonoma Tilemakers