[THIN] OT: DFS ROOT on Win 9x clients

  • From: Jonathan Carr <Jonathan.Carr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:25:43 +0100

Hi all,

Sorry for the OT but I'm at a bit of loss with the following issue and I
hope that someone can point me in the right direction!

We have a share mapped through the DFS Root on a 2003 server machine. For
most of my users (NT users & Win 9x) it works fine with no issues. But I
have found that on a few Win9x clients, not all, when they try and access a
low level folder (\\Domain\DFS ROOT\Documents) they cannot access the folder
and get a message that "A DEVICE ATTACHED TO THE SYSTEM IS NOT FUNCTIONING".
I can work around this by disconnecting the DFS ROOT drive and re-running
the kix script, but I have not idea why the error is thrown up in the first
place. I'm positive it's not permissions or it would affect every user.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks in advance,

Starting at $199!
http://www.neoware.com