[THIN] OT: Anyone familiar with SQL Replication

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:28:45 -0400

Has anyone done anything with SQL Server 2000 Replication?  I'm trying
to get a feel for the kind of overhead the distributor role adds to a
server to determine if I should use a remote distributor or not.

I'm also trying to find out how viable a solution this is for updating
data, as close to real time as possible, to a secondary server which I
will run all my reporting against, so as to not load down the primary
server.