[THIN] Re: OT: 1 power bar - 2 UPS

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:38:27 +0100

Might be a crazy idea, but could you not daisy chain them?

UPS1---UPS2---Equip

that way you can replace ups1 whenever you like..
(ooh, it cant be that crazy, a website suggests it too!
http://www.mgeups.com/techinfo/technote/tn16.htm)

Its a good question though, i would have thought thered be something like this
to support hardware which doesnt have the option for redundant supplies, but i
cant seem to see one anywhere

Andrew
--o--

>>> pignatusha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 19/07/04 14:25:13 >>>
Hi group,

Sorry for the off-topic post but I think I'm not alone in this search.

I have some equipment in my server room that has no redundant power supply.
Some of it is wireless phones and paging equipment that everybody expect to
be always available. Is there a power bar that I can connect to 2 different
UPS at the same time? This way if 1 of my UPS goes down and I need to
replace it I don't have to shut it all down?

Thanks,

Pavlo Ignatusha
Systems and Network Coordinator
Pembroke General Hospital
Tel. (613) 732-3675 ext.6150
Fax. (613) 732-9986
www.pemgenhos.org

"All that matters is love and work" - Sigmund Freud.

custom-tailored solutions for each client's mission and specific goals.
http://www.go-eol.com

http://www.go-eol.com