[THIN] Re: No errors, but hugely degraded service

  • From: Henry Sieff <hsieff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 15:15:11 -0600

1) What Metaframe SP level are you at? There is a known issue with XP where
NFUSE with ticketing would wait too long to get information back from a
server regarding user load. This produces an issue like you describe.

2) You may want to try changing your XML port for all servers from 80 to
8080 or something else.

3) Are you using load balancing. there can be issues when using the advanced
load evaluators, if CPU usage on the servers is too high.

4) We also saw this problem when were having cpu utilization issues on our
border router, but we have a lot of remote users (of the 600+ active users
we see on a normal day, 95% or higher are via the internet.

Henry