[THIN] Nfuse1.7 win32 client install options

  • From: "Mark (thin)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 11:27:40 -0800 (PST)

I don't like the way my Nfuse 1.7 server is deploying the win32 client.

In Nfuse 1.6 with proj columbia once you hit the login page, in the
message center, it would tell you that you didn't have the client and
present a link to download it.

On my 1.7 server it doesn't do anything until you login, get your list of
apps and click on one. It then displays the little icon in the upper left
with the circle square and triangle while it downloads. For a dial up user
or a new user this is very confusing. Is there a way to change it to the
way 1.6 worked?

My Nfuse 1.7 server is set to the following:
EmbedMethod=Auto
WebClientVersion=6,30,1051
AutoDeployWebClient=On
EmbedMethod=Auto
EmbedApplications=On
ShowClientInstallCaption=Auto

I have run the IIS lockdown tool and I suspect it has something to do with
it.
see post
http://support.citrix.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=5&threadID=30472&tstart=15

Login.asp runs /include/install.vbs which should display in the message
center whether or not you have the client installed - correct? Is it
supposed to display before you login like 1.6 did?

http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=79