[THIN] Re: New guy question

  • From: Brian Murphy <bem9127@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 11:41:22 -0700 (PDT)

Enable the License Service locally and hardcode the following registry key.

Add or edit the DefaultLicenseServer registry value (REG_SZ) in the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TermService\Parameters key
with the NetBIOS
name of the designated License Server.

Set this to the name of your server.  If you do not have Wins enabled then I
would modify your
local lmhosts file with your machine name and ip address.

Restart the license service

What is the result?

--- "Mesdaq, Ali" <amesdaq@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I installed win2k adv server. Then installed terminal services in
> application mode then installed Citrix and got the license errors then I
> installed licensing server and still got the errors. So if I activate it
> should it work? and if I activate it what license model should I choose?

=====
Brian Murphy, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA, CCA
bem9127@xxxxxxxxx
469-223-1621 Cell
"If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized agent of the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this
message by error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email."