[THIN] New Server Farm - Few issues :)

  • From: IT Support <it@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 16:36:53 +0100

Greetings List,

My company is in the process of migrating from CPS4.0 & Office 2003 to CPS4.5 &
Office 2007 - with all included complexities and migration headaches at no
extra charge :)
A couple of silly issues wont go away and I'm just wondering if anyone who
reads this may have come across them before:-

*         Outlook Searching differs greatly from 2003 to 2007 - i.e. it doesn't
work very well.
WDS<http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/desktopsearch/default.mspx>
 apparently is not an option as there are potential performance problems
running it on terminal services
(Source<http://forums.citrix.com/thread.jspa?forumID=75&threadID=85445&messageID=614559&;>
 &
Source<http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/6/2/8629CB23-6E5A-45B5-A430-99778A34CFBF/Windows%20Desktop%20Search%20Administration%20Guide.doc>)
 Anyone got this working flawlessly without WDS? As my search results seem to
be a little, erm, sporadic.

*         IE7 & Outlook. Sometimes, with IE7 in tabbed browsing mode, already
open, and a user clicks on a hyperlink from within an email in Outlook 2007,
nothing happens. Well, an iexplore process is spawned - several as the user
clicks repeatedly! - but no new tab is created. This ultimately results in a
helpdesk call and a lot of extra memory resources consumed (no AppSense
installed or similar). Any google searching on this seem to point to viruses
only...

*         Microsoft Access dBASE 12.0 driver - causing us problems with Access
2003 databases.. Is there any way of modifying the default data link properties
of this driver? (i.e the 4 tabs - Provider, Connection, Advanced & All)

If your still reading, thanks!

Jaime.

BM Polyco Ltd Disclaimer
This e-mail and the information it contains are confidential. If you have
received this message in error please notify us immediately. You should not use
or copy it for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any other party. The
contents of this communication are advisory and are not binding on the Company
unless supported by authorised documentation.
It has also passed through the MailControl Anti-Virus service powered by
BlackSpider for total peace of mind.