[THIN] Re: Need Tool

  • From: "Jim Kenzig kenzig.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 20:52:43 -0800 (PST)

I think rick is talking about enumsrr util It is on the thin.net under
utilities heading in the citrixse files area
http://www.thethin.net/citrixse
jim who is at thincity typing this on his sprint g1000 phone
--- thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We are having problems with export so I was looking for an alternative.
> can't find this enum.  Can you tell me which sdk it is in.  I have
looked in
> the ones I have 2.1 and 3 I think and did not spot it.  There is an
> enumnodes.cs.
>
>   _____

Mack
> Sent: Wed, December 8, 2004 1:43 PM
> To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: RE: [THIN] Re: Need Tool
>

> Hi Doug,
>
> 2 tools in the free Citrix server SDK, enum and export, will give you
ini
> file format ouputs that have everything.
>

> Enum lists all published applications in a farm. It is run at the
command
> line and the output can be modified to produce an apps list file for
> automation purposes, eg.
>
> For /f "tokens=3 delims=\" %i in ('enum ^| find "Applications"') do
@echo %i
> >> xp_appslist.txt
>
> Export can produce an APP file, which is basically an application
descriptor
> file that can be used to re-create a published application.
>
> The syntax of the export command is:
>
> Export app_name /ea App_filename
>
> eg
>
> Export "\Applications\Travel System" /ea "Travel System.app"
>
> Dumping all your apps is easy with:
>

> For /f " "tokens=1 delims=:" %i in (xp_applist.txt) do export
> "\Applications\%i" /ea "%i.app"
>
> That lets you backup, modify and import (using newapp) your published
apps
> into another farm. We've used the tools to replicate a 1.8 farm with
300-odd
> published apps into a clean XP farm.
>
> regards,
>
> Rick
>
> Ulrich Mack
> Volante Systems
>
>   _____

Behalf
> Of Bill.Ramby@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Sent: Wed, December 8, 2004 12:00 PM
> To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [THIN] Re: Need Tool
>

> If it were just the apps, I would say use the command "Query farm /apps
>
> apps.txt". What settings are you looking for?
>

> Regards
=== Message Truncated ===

This Weeks Sponsor Activaeon.com
Reduce licensing costs with activAeon XA and
get one month completely free.
http://www.activaeon.com