[THIN] NTFS permissions

  • From: "Matthew Shrewsbury" <MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 16:13:26 -0400

Sorry for the off subject post but this is a little Citrix related and
I'm sure someone here knows the answer.

I have many types of users connecting to my Citrix farm. Some receive
the full desktop some only receive published applications depending on
their needs. The published desktop is extremely locked down and only
provides the programs they need. Within the desktop the programs are
provided by a redirected start menu. I am using NTFS permissions to
control what a user can access on the start menu.

My problem is if I have two applications (or more) within a single
folder on the start menu and the user only has NTFS permissions to
access one he can still see both. The application that he does not have
access to shows up but he cannot run the application. Is there anyway
using NTFS permissions to keep the icon he does not have access to from
showing up?

If I recall correctly this is kind of a NTFS permissions problem. Within
Novell if you don't have access to a file you don't see it but within
Windows you can still see the file. I've enclosed a small photo so you
can see the actual problem.

Thanks very much for your help!!

Matthew Shrewsbury, MCSE+Internet MCSE 2000 CCA

Network Administrator