[THIN] Moving profiles to a SAN/any less painful way to do it.

  • From: "Jim Strowe" <jstrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 07:31:33 -0400

I'm putting up an HP Storageworks SAN and want to start moving my roaming
profiles home location to it.  The profiles are currently on server A and
I'm wanting to move them to my SAN.  GPO handles a lot of the redirection of
My documents, windows directory, etc.

What are the logical steps for a migration plan since I do have a LOT of
users.  I've seen some VB scripts, would that be one piece of the total.
I'd obviously want to test this with a small set of users./  I'm not sure
when I should change my GPO in this process. (since I do use folder
redirection)

This Weeks Sponsor triCerat:
Have you had your fill of printing support calls, unauthorized apps running on
unsecured Terminal Servers, profile headaches, and application performance
problems? Join us and learn how you can have a less demanding on-demand
enterprise!
http://www.tricerat.com/?page=events#register