[THIN] Re: Mildly OT/ the disclaimer in Exchange 2003 (or not) from 5.5

  • From: "Nick Smith" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 14:18:10 -0000

Unfortunately,

GFI are about to change their policy on this:

"in light of partner feedback..."

*       Prices for most of our products have increased.  While pricing
remains a competitive advantage, this increase allows for better margins
for our partners and increased support for channel programs from GFI.
*       <snip>
*       There is no longer Freeware - customers will need to purchase
our products to retain usability of any and all features.
*       In line with industry standards, we have shortened the
evaluation period to 30 days.

I'm not entirely sure what partners they are talking to. Strangely
enough, we *didn't* ask them to raise their prices by 18%, kill their
Freeware product, and cut the evaluation period which made them stand
out from other products. Clearly we're just odd.

This takes effect from 1st January, so download and install the freeware
now!

Nick

  _____