[THIN] Re: Migrate SQL Datastore to another SQL Server

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 08:10:23 -0700

That would be correct.   However, there are some shortcuts that could make
your transition a little faster.

If the username and password remains the same on the new SQL Server you can
simple just modify the existing .DSN file (change the servername) and
restart IMA service.   You only need dsmaint config if the accounts changes.

You can also migrate the database using the dsmaint migrate command as well.

Joe