[THIN] Re: Microsoft Office - Detect And Repair

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:33:44 -0700 (PDT)

              Perhaps the file association for RTF got botched? You could do a
change user /install from the command prompt on the server and go to My
computer/Tools/Folder Options/File Types tab and make sure that RTF is
associated with word and then do a change user /execute from the command
prompt.  Might fix it.
  Jim

  We?re having an issue opening up RTF files sent by a partner. Basically the
convert process hangs for about a minute before the file opens.

  The physical file is only about 50 KB.

  We?ve been advised to run a ?DETECT AND REPAIR? in Word to resolve this.

  Seems a bit nail / sledgehammer to me!

  Has anyone done this in Citrix ? I have a feeling it will cause more problems
than it resolves.

  Has anyone had a similar problem and found a more targeted solution?