[THIN] Re: Microsoft Completes Acquisition of Softricity

  • From: "Tim Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 16:34:25 -0400

Others previously caught the typo (IS a wholly owned.)

But don't confuse accounting details with reality.  Technically, Softricity
was merged with another wholly owned subsidiary with Softricity surviving.
This is only for accounting/tax purposes.  The organization structure at
Softricity is not likely to fit neatly into the Microsoft model, and groups
within Softricity will likely end up reporting into very different
structures.  I believe that this is a good thing.

I want both the product, as is (and enhanced with features such as selective
bubble-bubble integration), as well as portions such as System Guard
integrated directly into the OS.  Items 2 & 3 are really good news for the
market.  But what I want for Christmas is a SoftGrid/SystemGuard API!  There
are a lot of innovative things that could be done with such an API that
Microsoft is unlikely to do (first).

tim

  _____